INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Settings /Sound is spontaneously switching from DAC Output to Internal Speakers  (Read 1477 times)

Kronosphere

The output on my OS X Yosemite iMac Sound setting is normally the "Internal Speakers" but I selected the USB DAC output choice, and it holds for a while, but without reason it switches back to Internal speakers. I am not sure what event precedes the switch back to internal speakers, but it happens frequently, sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few days, but eventually it switches back to internal speakers. Any suggestions as to how I can located the problem? Thank you

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen

The output on my OS X Yosemite iMac Sound setting is normally the "Internal Speakers" but I selected the USB DAC output choice, and it holds for a while, but without reason it switches back to Internal speakers. I am not sure what event precedes the switch back to internal speakers, but it happens frequently, sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few days, but eventually it switches back to internal speakers. Any suggestions as to how I can located the problem? Thank you

Are you making that selection/setting within JRiver or Audio Midi? 
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

al1947

• World Citizen

Using tools/options/audio, your USB device should appear as one of the output options for player output. Select it, and MC20 will ignore the OSX settings and use that device.

One thing to look at is whether your iMac is failing to recognize the USB device. In Yosemite, go to control panel/sound to see if it appears on the list of output devices. Fix if it is not there is the old-fashioned one: unplug and plug it back in.

By any chance are you using a USB hub to connect your device? That is especially unreliable for audio; it's best to plug directly into one of the iMac's internal ports.
Pages: [1]   Go Up