INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image width and height [MusicHawk]  (Read 1804 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Image width and height [MusicHawk]
« on: December 16, 2014, 12:03:41 pm »

NEW: Added an image height and image width field that gets filled when thumbnailing.

I don't find any way to use the new fields. They do not appear in Tag, Column or Rule dialogs.

I rebuilt thumbnails, MC declared it was updating these and other cover-art image fields. I restarted MC after this. Is there another step I must do?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Image width and height [musichawk]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:24:52 pm »

NEW: Added an image height and image width field that gets filled when thumbnailing.

I don't find any way to use the new fields. They do not appear in Tag, Column or Rule dialogs.

I rebuilt thumbnails, MC declared it was updating these and other cover-art image fields. I restarted MC after this. Is there another step I must do?

You can use them in a Smartlist, or you can add as a column to show.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

Image width and height [musichawk]
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:37:41 pm »

You can use them in a Smartlist, or you can add as a column to show.

Matt, that's what I want to do (the reason I asked you to add this feature). But I don't see the new fields anywhere .... not in fields that can be used in smartlists, not in columns that can be selected, etc. Either they are defaulting to Hidden or there's some step I'm overlooking.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Image width and height [MusicHawk]
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 10:11:15 am »

Next build:
Fixed: The Image Width and Image Height fields were marked as hidden so that they wouldn't show up in a Smartlist.

MusicHawk

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 02:56:20 pm »

Reminder, as I reported in 20.0.50 thread, the new fields are now visible, but have no data.

Running Rebuild Thumbnails on tracks that have cover art does not populate these fields. A dialog at the end says it is updating various Thumbnail fields, and also updating Image Width and Image Height. But the fields remain empty.

What am I overlooking?

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 03:12:03 pm »

I am running .50.
I just rebuilt my library and it worked fine.

MusicHawk

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 03:44:40 pm »

Krazykanuck, where do you store your Cover Art? (MC offers 3 location options).

My cover art is "In a specified folder" and is NOT stored in the audio file. The cover art images display perfectly, but Rebuild Thumbnails does not populate the Image Width and Image Height fields. I tested two libraries, no success.

But I first tried this with 20.0.49 when the fields were inadvertently hidden (unhidden in .50). Wondering if that did something to keep them hidden, that needs un-doing, I deleted the two fields from the library's folder. They were each 1KB, obviously no content. Then I ran Rebuild Thumbnails again. No change, the fields got recreated by MC, but again 1KB in size, no data in these fields.

Other than wondering about cover art location options, I have no clue how to make this work. Perhaps delete a cache somewhere?

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 04:00:19 pm »

I have them in a specified location.
I also store them in the tag.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 05:29:23 pm »

I'm not sure it's working properly when the cover art is an external file.

Let us look once I'm back (it'll be a little while).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 10:41:47 am »

I think this will be solved next build:
Fixed: The image width and height fields didn't fill properly if the cover art was an external file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up