INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art 'finding'  (Read 935 times)

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Cover Art 'finding'
« on: December 17, 2014, 10:10:21 am »

I think cover art 'finding' in general could be improved in MC, especially TV series and season artwork.

I personally completely manage my own artwork, as in get the poster online, remove any 'stupid' text (like 'From the Director of...', or 'Absolutely brilliant, best film of the year'), crop it to my preferred dimensions etc., so I only ever want to use Folder.jpg.  I like having the original theatrical release poster so I know they are all consistent - with the online ones, some have DVD/Blu box art, others are completely textless, some are in the wrong language, etc.  Just no consistency.  I know this is not MC's fault as it's only pulling down what's available.

Anyway:

1) During auto import, if Folder.jpg exists, it should set this as the cover art, without having to right click > Cover Art > Quick Find in Directory after the fact
2) During Get Movie and TV Info, if 'Use image' is checked, it should first check if Folder.jpg exists and use this.  If Folder.jpg doesn't exist, use the online one.  'Get from Internet' offers this option already, although it's a manual process.

TV series and season cover art would be tricky because of the structure required, but as a baseline, this could be done:

Assume a folder structure of:

TV Shows
....Series folder
........Season folder

So as an example:

TV Shows
....American Horror Story
........Season 1

Inside the Series folder, you'd have the series artwork as Folder.jpg, and inside the Season folder, you'd have the season artwork also as Folder.jpg.  Then during Get Movie and TV Info, the Folder.jpg files would be copied across to the local cover art folder as the required file names (replicating the process for 'Get from Internet'), concatenating from tag values so you'd end up with:

<local cover art folder>
....Series
........<Series name>.jpg
....Season
........<Series name> - Season <Season no.>.jpg

or

<local cover art folder>
....Series
........American Horror Story.jpg
....Season
........American Horror Story - Season 1.jpg

Obviously the folder names would have to match the tag values, but who doesn't do this anyway?
Pages: [1]   Go Up