INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Writing of CD-TEXT not working in MJ8.0.185  (Read 747 times)

pduun

Writing of CD-TEXT not working in MJ8.0.185
« on: January 24, 2002, 11:51:10 am »

I have a CD-TEXT capable CD-Writer but when burning an Audio CD with MJ8 no CD-TEXT information is written to the CD. There are no options regarding the burner that allows me to enable CD-TEXT. According to the helpfile this option should be enabled automatically if the drive supports it - which I know it does! Nero, Feurio, CloneCD and other apps write CD-TEXT information correctly.

System info:
AOpen CRW2440 Firmware 2.02 (24x10x40 CD-RW drive)
Win98SE
MJ v8.0.185
The "Use generic driver" is checked in the CD Writer Settings and can't be unchecked. With MJ7.2 this option wasn't checked so something has changed I'm afraid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Peter Duun

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Writing of CD-TEXT not working in MJ8.0.185
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2002, 05:00:28 am »

The generic burning driver doesn't burn CD-Text at this time. If you were burning to your current drive without using the generic driver in the past, it should work now. Go to CD writer settings and click on "Detect", then see if you can uncheck the "use generic driver" checkbox. Unfortunately, not all drives that support CD-Text are supported by MediaJukebox so you'll just have to try it out.
In the future, the generic driver should burn CD-Text to most drives, but that may be a couple months away.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up