INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where does DSP Studio put VST plugins with the Mac version?  (Read 1600 times)

PineShack

• Recent member
Where does DSP Studio put VST plugins with the Mac version?
« on: December 20, 2014, 08:24:58 am »

I've successfully installed some of my Toneboosters VST plugins the using the Manage Plug-ins feature in DSP Studio and they are working great. To unlock the demo version, I need to put my key file in the same location as the plugin, but I can't find where that might be. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm on Lion, if that makes a difference.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where does DSP Studio put VST plugins with the Mac version?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:55:43 am »

Try these locations:

Hard disk // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST
Hard disk // Users // Username // Library // Audio // Plug-Ins // VST
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

PineShack

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:15:33 pm »

No luck, I'm afraid. There's nothing in either of those locations. I know they're somewhere, though, because the demos are working. I just need to know where to put the keyfiles.

PineShack

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:33:24 pm »

Well, I'm still not exactly sure how the plug-in manager works, but I put the keyfiles in /Users/username/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST and they're now showing up as registered.

PineShack

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 09:03:26 am »

By way of follow-up, it seems to me that as long as you put the plug-ins and the key file in the same folder and leave them all there after installing, everything is fine. I think the problem was with my premise, that "installing" a plug-in with plug-in manager was moving them somewhere. In reality, I think it now just registers the location. I made a folder in my user directory and put the plugins and key files in it, then refrained from moving after install, and all is well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up