INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting Up Radio Stations in JRiver  (Read 2554 times)

jaybe

• Recent member
Setting Up Radio Stations in JRiver
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:30:00 pm »

Hi,

At the risk of looking like a dummy I'd like to ask how to set up radio stations in JRiver using my existing shortcuts to those stations, if possible. I've looked for a simple answer to accomplish what I'd like to do and can't find it. So sorry if I've missed the answer elswhere.

I have typically created shortcuts to radio stations on my various computers that are .pls or .m3u files. When I click on them the station comes up in whatever the default media player is for that computer. I currently have about 7-8 of these shortcuts.

On my server laptop running JRiver v19 I also have added these shortcuts. As JRiver is the only audio app on the computer, when they're selected JRiver opens up and the station starts playing.

Is there a way to add these stations within JRiver so they appear as menu items that can be selected? Sort of like picking an album or song to play from my regular media library.

If there is no way to add the .pls or .m3u shortcuts, is there an alternate (and simple) method to access these stations? Ultimately I'd like to access the stations through JRemote as I do the media library.

Thanks.

Jaybe

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Setting Up Radio Stations in JRiver
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:23:11 pm »

Did you try importing those filetypes?  You can set file associations in MC under Tools > Options > File types.

jaybe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 05:48:40 pm »

These files don't import.

From My connected media I was able to import 1 out of 6 that actually plays.

Honestly I was looking for instructions on how to do this, and if it wasn't possible then an alternate method to add the stations.

So there is no instruction or procedure on this somewhere?

jaybe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:14:30 pm »

Forum searches come up with nothing. Hard to believe a product this advanced has no manual and users need to rely on begging for help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:18:53 pm »

Did you try the radio stations listed in MC under Audio / Connected Media?

jaybe

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 04:08:55 pm »

I found some of the stations in Connected media. When I click on them the dialogue box opens to add to Connected media, with the selection Add Stream to Web Media, but the station is not always added. This happens with PublicRadioFan and SHOUTcast and on the general search page on some but not all stations.

Some stations also open up their own browser window from MC and start playing. Are these then not playing through MC when this happens?
Pages: [1]   Go Up