INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catch all smartlist  (Read 1195 times)

steven.porteus

• Recent member
Catch all smartlist
« on: December 21, 2014, 08:10:26 am »

I'm guessing with the language built into the product, it would be possible to set up a smartlist which is everything that is NOT already in another set of defined playlist groups, smartlists, and playlists.  I'm looking to have a "catch all" list that I can work from so I can know what's left to assign to a playlist so that I sync it with my SD memory cards.  Anybody able to help me with this?

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Catch all smartlist
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 12:30:10 pm »

I haven't thought this out a great deal but maybe something like this would work.

Start with a Master Smartlist where the only rule is Media is Audio. Create a secondary Smartlists such as Hi Res where Media is Audio and Bit Size is 24. Now add a rule to the Master Smartlists where Bit Size is not 24. Then another example is create a Smarlist where Media is Audio and Genre is Blues. Back to the Master add Genre is not Blues.

You can keep going in adding various Smartlists and then changing the Master so that whatever parameter established the new list is set as "is not" in the Master Smartlist.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:07:38 pm »

One of the 'fields' available to you when you define a smartlist is Playlist.  Just use that to include/exclude tracks that are in a defined set of playlists.

steven.porteus

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »

Thank you.  I finally figured that out yesterday morning (forgot I posted this) and am able to use it to create a smartlist where the track is not in any one of the playlists that I'm using for syncing.  That helps keep me a bit more sane.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 06:30:29 pm »

One of the 'fields' available to you when you define a smartlist is Playlist.  Just use that to include/exclude tracks that are in a defined set of playlists.

That is good to know and very much simpler than my suggestion (even if my suggestion would work at all).
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002
Pages: [1]   Go Up