INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: automatic genre tagging  (Read 1175 times)

Red Gecko

automatic genre tagging
« on: December 21, 2014, 08:24:42 am »

Hello,

this is my first post in this forum. I am new here and pretty new to JRiver Media Center. I already searched the forum for "automatic genre", but I did not find answers to my question or at least I did not realize that one of the results would offer a solution.

My music library is well structured. The only thing that is really messed up is the genre tag. Mostly it is not set at all, sometimes it is set correctly, sometimes it is set to weird genres. I wonder if there is a feature within MC that I could use to autotag the genre of my files, preferably by querying one of the internet sources like last.fm or others. Since the library is quite huge, I do not want to decide on the genre of each album by myself.

Any help or pointer to the right direction will be appreciated!

Best Regards,

Red Gecko.

VESelders

Re: automatic genre tagging
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:11:55 pm »

Has this question been addressed?  I'm interested in how the auto-tagging works as well

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 04:02:05 pm »

There is no feature as such in MC for genre. What I do is I use Picard with the last.fm plus plugin, which is highly configurable. So you can (manually) tag your collection with multiple genres, sourced from last.fm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up