INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD ISO Images Skip on Playback  (Read 1754 times)

jaybe

• Recent member
SACD ISO Images Skip on Playback
« on: December 22, 2014, 07:48:42 pm »

I have a few SACD ISO rips (24/88) and most of them skip during playback. (Other hi-rez files do not skip). When I start an individual song it's ok, then in the last 5-10 seconds starts to skip, and if it plays into the next song that one starts to skip at the beginning and skips throughout. A few songs when manually started skip from the beginning as well however.

Everything is upsampled in MC to 1xDSD.

I'm using my DAC's standard ASIO driver. Prebuffering is set to 6 seconds. Buffering to 250 milliseconds. I haven't noticed a difference playing from memory or not.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

jaybe

• Recent member
Re: SACD ISO Images Skip on Playback
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 12:05:24 pm »

Further info...

This problem did not start until I did a fresh reinstall of JR 19. There are no other hardware/software changes. Now most SACD ISOs I've tried frequently skip or stutter. I have tried it with several drivers and all behave the same. Play from memory checked/unchecked does not matter. Prebuffer up to 500ms no difference.

Are there other settings I should be looking at?

jaybe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 09:06:50 pm »

I did some research. This seems to be a well-documented (by users) issue with JR 19, having to do with memory management and affecting image files mostly bigger than 2 GB according to sources.  Also said workarounds include splitting the image into individual files for each song.

So JR really does not support SACD image playback.

Has this been corrected on v20 if I want to make the switch?

jaybe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 01:53:42 pm »

Is this support? Apparently not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up