INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay when starting/pausing/unpausing 96k files  (Read 1924 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Delay when starting/pausing/unpausing 96k files
« on: December 23, 2014, 04:19:53 pm »

I recently purchased a Sherbourn PT7030 and I get a short delay before sound starts using a digital coax or optical connection when starting or pausing/unpausing a 96k track.  My much older (4) B&K Reference 50's do not have this issue at all.

I even configured MC20 to upsample everything to 96k, and there is still that startup delay when pausing/unpausing.

It's very annoying... I have 7 zones of audio around my house and when I unpause, I hear the music start up in the other zones before the Sherbourn starts playback.

Sherbourn/Emotiva tech support says has to be that way, they have built in delays to prevent noise and pops, but again B&K somehow figured it out.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Or something configurable in MC I may have missed?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Delay when starting/pausing/unpausing 96k files
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 04:47:41 pm »

Hve you tried changin the "play silence for hardware synchronization" setting?  That's the only thing I an think of.

If they built in a hardware delay for pop suppression there's nothing much you can do about it other than trying to "fool it" with a lead in.

DoubtingThomas

Re: Delay when starting/pausing/unpausing 96k files
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:05:09 pm »

Hve you tried changin the "play silence for hardware synchronization" setting?  That's the only thing I an think of.

If they built in a hardware delay for pop suppression there's nothing much you can do about it other than trying to "fool it" with a lead in.

That is an interesting idea to try, but I can't make the setting stick, once I stop MC and or restart, the setting reverts to none?  

Okay that setting is somehow part of but not stored with DSP presets... (I'll report that as a bug) I cleared my DSP preset field and yes I need 2 seconds to eliminate the loss of the first moments of a track with the Sherbourn processor.  However, the "play silence for hardware synchronization" doesn't affect a unpausing.

I am not happy with the Sherbourn at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up