INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC on a Windows 8.1 Tablet  (Read 1229 times)

miketl

JRiver MC on a Windows 8.1 Tablet
« on: December 25, 2014, 03:13:13 am »

Hello,

I am not a Macintosh fan boy. I would like to use instead of the traditional Ipad+JRemote a Windows 8 Tablet PC if possible at all.

Please have a look at the following setup:
1.   Tablet PC with Windows 8.1 as OS and JRiver MC installed as a full application
2.   A NAS that is connected with Ethernet cable to a router. A folder on the NAS that is configured as a mapped network share.
3.   PS Audio DirectStream with the Ethernet bridge which makes it a DLNA Network Music Player connected to the router with Ethernet cable

I would like to know that if I playback a file (on a shared folder on the NAS) using the Tablet to the PSAudio DLNA Music Player, does the file played directly from the NAS to the Music Player or it has to be streamed wirelessly like: File on the NAS -> Router -> Wirelessly to the Tablet -> Wirelessly Tablet to the router -> Router to the Music Network Player.

What I would like to avoid is that the music files will have to be streamed wirelessly instead of directly been read from the NAS by the Music player.

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver MC on a Windows 8.1 Tablet
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 07:59:14 am »

If you're importing files into MC from the NAS, then playing them with MC, the files will be sent to the PSAudio device directly.

There is nothing wrong with playing them over a wireless connection.

miketl

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 09:01:14 am »

Thank you for your fast reply. Just to make sure that I understand your answer. You have said "the files will be sent to the PSAudio device directly"
when you said directly do you mean directly from the NAS to the PSAudio device without been temporarily transfered to the Tablet.

Thanks again

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 09:43:42 am »

Thank you for your fast reply. Just to make sure that I understand your answer. You have said "the files will be sent to the PSAudio device directly"
when you said directly do you mean directly from the NAS to the PSAudio device without been temporarily transfered to the Tablet.
No.
Pages: [1]   Go Up