INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dulicate filepaths help required  (Read 1031 times)

samwisesam

• Recent member
dulicate filepaths help required
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:25:52 am »

hi there,

I've made a bit of a mess of my library and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I was sick of my Exernal HD changing driver Letter when I plugged in other pieces data pens etc. My library was pointing at F Drive but on occassion my external drive would change to G. To counter this I changed the drive to Z. I then thought I would change my 11500 files in MC to the file path Z also. This is where I've cocked up! I've managed to change the filepath to Z but also the full file path is the same song! So I have 11500 identical filepaths pointing at the same song. I then re-imported my whole libray again. So I now have 11500 correct files and 11500 wrong files. I've tried to use smartlists to highlight and delete the wrong files but can't work it out.

The offending filepath is " Z:\J RIVER MUSIC\J River Music FLAC\Various Artists\Columbia Country Classics Vol 1\Columbia Country Classics Volume 1; The Golden Age-Can The Circle Be Unbroken-The Carter Family (50).flac.".

When I try to create the smartlist it also brings up the 11500 correct one's. Any help gratefully received.

thanks

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
Re: dulicate filepaths help required
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 12:31:27 pm »

Hi, did you tried this?
Create a new library and Import all your 11500 files agin?
Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:09:03 pm »

Can't you just sort your entire library by filename, and simply delete the wrong ones?  You can highlight the first, scroll down to the last one, and shift-select the last one, and it should allow you to delete all of them at the same time.  Although, you might want to leave one, if it points to a legitimate file.

I don't have near that many files, but it seems like it should work fine.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:10:54 pm »

I should also say, make sure you only 'remove from library', not delete the physical file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up