INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ifi Nano iDSD with MC 19 (clicking problem)  (Read 2416 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
ifi Nano iDSD with MC 19 (clicking problem)
« on: December 28, 2014, 11:23:30 am »

Using the ifi Nano iDSD, outputting 2x DSD in DoP format and using ifi HD+ Wasapi driver. I'm getting a clicking sound upon starting and stopping (or skipping to) tracks. Any idea of what I might do to prevent this? I've tried other DSD modes. Same problem. Wasapi is only driver that works.

ashutoshp

• Recent member
Re: ifi Nano iDSD with MC 19 (clicking problem)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:33:29 pm »

You need to provide more info. such as OS, drivers, RAM, signal chain etc. Anyways, I am not an expert but I have an iFi nano iDSD that did the same thing with MC 20. I should say that this only happens on Windows 8.1 and 7.
Two things seemed to help.
1) I found that the more processing you introduce (eg, 16/44 to DSD), the more the chances of this happening. 
2) A lack of power or inconsistencies seemed to be playing a role- Bought this cable from Amazon- "C2G / Cables to Go 28108 USB 2.0 B Male to 2 USB A Male Y-Cable" see link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013LSFJI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
   The red end provides extra power to the DAC. Disabling processing stops the clicking and pauses completely with this cable set up but it still skips when I ask MC to do DSD over DOP conversions. I cant remember the link but I do recall iFi-audio suggesting a way in MC to check for the suitability of your computer as a media server. Maybe that'll help. 
Good luck. 

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ifi Nano iDSD with MC 19 (clicking problem)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Windows 8. 4GB RAM. Going straight from USB of laptop to iDSD. I don't have this problem on my Android using USB Audio Pro.
I'll test it on my Vista server HTPC and my NUC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up