INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Questions on Cover Art and Decoding  (Read 738 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Some Questions on Cover Art and Decoding
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:27:59 pm »

I have two questions regarding cover art and the .dll file for DTS-HD decoding.

My first question is, what's the best way to set the cover art for a movie boxset like LOTR and the like? My recent searches mostly turned up info regarding audio, but not necessarily on the video side of things. I was easily able to do the cover art (folder.jpg) in MB3 for the boxsets, but how can I implement it in MC? I have a separate view in Theater View with just Movie Boxsets with the appropriate rule displays set, just now need to figure out the cover art portion, like how its done for TV Shows.

Second question is that since TMT is no longer around, is it still necessary to have the .dll file for decoding the DTS-HD in MC? I see that most here recommend MC to do the decoding, which is fine with me either way since I am not obsessed with seeing the indicators on my AVR. I know in past versions of MC it was needed, but not sure if its needed now in the current version.

Lastly, once the configuration views are done, would I be able to backup this configuration, and restore it to my other MC machines, to save time on configuring each one individually?

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Re: Some Questions on Cover Art and Decoding
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 01:13:16 am »

Ok a slight update, I figured out the .dll file for the DTS-HD decoder and got that going.

My last question is still regarding the Cover Art for the movie boxsets.....I have the movies grouped by Series and have the Cover Art folder as E:\Series. I have the image I would like to use for the boxset ('Friday the 13th' movies in this case) but I still can't figure how to get the image to display when I go into 'Movie Boxsets' in Theater View. It shows the boxset great with the collection name that I set under the Series field, and the individual movies themselves afterward, just not the cover art for the collection.

Has anyone figured out how to set the cover art for the movie boxsets? The searches I have done mostly pertain to audio and music based boxsets which I am not focused on at this time until I get the video side done. Unfortunately I ran out of time to work on it for tonight and will have to resume tomorrow. Once this is figured out then I can do the larger movie boxset collections I have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up