INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art for series wrong on client  (Read 1657 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cover art for series wrong on client
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:17:24 am »

I have tried everything to fix it...reboot, get cover art from internet on the client, and a lot of other things...

But, no matter what I do, for one TV series I have on a Client PC, the cover art is wrong...it was initially wrong on the server as well, but I was able to fix it there.

Any suggestions of what to try?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover art for series wrong on client
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 10:42:57 am »

bump...can anyone point me to the right folder on a client to change the cover art?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:24:26 am »

I believe it is coming from the server.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 11:26:03 am »

The server is displaying the correct series cover art.

tiberiuspv

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 12:53:42 pm »

Possibly related minor issue.

Server/client MC20.050 setup. I have a thumbnail style categories view by series, then composer, then album. Al files are audio.

On the server, the thumbnails are square (as are the original images). On the client, the thumbnails are rectangular (DVD-box aspect ratio). The images themselves are correct, but extended to the DVD cover art aspect ratio. BTW, the size extension is tastefully done by using a dominant color of the original square image, quite pretty.

No clue as to why the client and server look different, but someone somewhere is going to a significant effort to change the thumbnail aspect ratio...

This happens only for series thumbnails as far as I can tell, not for album/track thumbnails. It may be a leftover from when series was intended as a video field (hence the DVD-style thumbnails), but it's now defined for all media. In my application, I use it for CD boxsets.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 01:20:28 pm »

The cover art the server sends out is only updated when a view showing this cover art is shown, its a somewhat odd design if you don't really use your MC server much beside the serving, but it should be easily fixed by looking at a thumbnail view in standard view which shows them.

Otherwise, I wouldn't know what else might be causing problems. It always works on my setup like this, worst case requiring a client restart.

PS: for the aspect ratio there is an option in MC, I forgot where exactly and cannot check right now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »

I use the server as my main HTPC...the client is in the master bedroom. 

Keep in mind this is only one series...all the rest work as described, but 'The Librarians' has the wrong series associated with it.

Originally on the server, it had the wrong one as well, but I corrected that, and assumed that it would correct on the client as well, but it won't.  I have rebooted, tried to get new cover art, etc...nothing works...been like this for 3-4 weeks now.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 01:58:54 pm »

So, I just shut down the client.

Went to the server, and did a 'Get movie and TV info' on the show.  Selected the wrong show (there is an older series with the same name)...then went in and updated the cover art to the wrong cover art.

Started the client, and checked the show...of course, it had all the wrong info.

Then I shut the client back down again, and re-did the server, only with the correct series and cover art.

Started up the client, but it still had the wrong info showing.

Nothing I do seems to make a difference.

tiberiuspv

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 06:11:12 pm »

The cover art the server sends out is only updated when a view showing this cover art is shown, its a somewhat odd design if you don't really use your MC server much beside the serving, but it should be easily fixed by looking at a thumbnail view in standard view which shows them.

Otherwise, I wouldn't know what else might be causing problems. It always works on my setup like this, worst case requiring a client restart.

PS: for the aspect ratio there is an option in MC, I forgot where exactly and cannot check right now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Hendrik. The option is Options>Tree & View>Thumbnails>Standardize aspect ratios. Turn it off, problem fixed... My main MC setup is pretty old and pre-dates this option, which is not turned on during the successive upgrades since MC16, while my desktop client is brand new, and the option defaults to on on a fresh install of MC20.

Apologies to muzicman0 for hijacking his thread...

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 06:13:02 pm »

Apologies to muzicman0 for hijacking his thread...

Eh!  no problem...I think I have just given up on this problem.  Nothing I do seems to fix it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up