INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oups, deleted my lossless file in using the convert format command  (Read 1066 times)

fredhammersmith

• World Citizen

Oups, by mistake I let the option "Replace original file in disk and library" on, while making a copy of a lossless file for my iPhone.
Even if the destination folder was not the same as the original file, it seems I cannot recover my lossless original file.
Any advice?
(BTW I still use MediaCenter 19, but I guess the solution would be the same in MC20, and there are more users here)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Re: Oups, deleted my lossless file in using the convert format command
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 03:14:43 pm »

look in recycle bin and see if the file is there. If not you will need to use a recovery utility that will require a lot of effort and some expense. If the file is important, you should also stop using the drive it is on as the deleted file stands more of a chance of being overwritten the longer the drive is used.

If you think it is worth effort and expense I can give you some advise on file recovery utilities I have used in the past.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 03:37:47 pm »

Stupid question (maybe), but, why would it remove the original file if the destination file is in a different location?  Replacing a file should only remove the original when the final is going to the same location under the same name.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

fredhammersmith

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:05:52 pm »

The worst of it is that the lossy copy is not there either.
Really strange!
I have back-up of all my music, but this was a brand new hiresdownload. I guess I'll just repay the disappeared track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up