INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL FILES MISSING!  (Read 1034 times)

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
ALL FILES MISSING!
« on: January 23, 2002, 01:16:43 am »

This is just too much. Was doing some file arranging in MJv8.0.183 and all at once ALL of my files are gone. Can't find a single one.

WHY AND WHAT'S THE FIX?

JollyJim

RE:ALL FILES MISSING!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 04:51:40 am »

I recorded two lp's last night and one of them somehow picked up my entire library. Thinking I could just delete the album, it deleted my whole library and had to then restore. How it picked up my entire library is beyond me - I can't remember mis-keying or anything

Jim

Bill Ko

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 04:59:04 am »

Are you sure all your music files are missing, or did it just corrupt the library files (which, I guess is bad enough, when you have to re-import everything).

Mine (same build) seemed to delete all the media info, although all my playlists and stuff were still there.  Of course, the tags inside the files were intact, also.

I just clicked the play button then IMMEDIATELY clicked the stop button - this seemed to whack out MJ, as it then did a whole bunch off errors and died.  I tried restarting it to no avail.  I then rebooted and when I restarted MJ, all the media info was gone.

Bill

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 07:34:20 am »

Well, go figgur. This morning (barely) when I booted up from off, appears that all the files are there again. Was all ready to restore music files from backup but did not have to.

Later

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2002, 11:50:55 am »

What's been going on lately? I lost some files too but I did that myself. I did however had a backup of all of them but one which isn't that bad. Also been having virii and crap..stupid mcafee.

Then I had to reinstall xp for the 3rd time cause explorer kept crashing when changing views and tcp/ip got toasted, called microsoft explaining them why I need another stupid *ss activation key..tell them my 50 digit product number, they had to tell me a long number back. Screwed it up cause I can't see anything cause the default resolution was too high and was too lazy to change it down at the time. Then...I come here and see ppl complaining as usual..so I figure I might as well joing in.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2002, 12:34:40 pm »

I'm sorry, but your hour is up.  That will be $65.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up