INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing iTunes - or adding to it?  (Read 1926 times)

Gregin London

Replacing iTunes - or adding to it?
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:21:14 am »

Too many threads here to find what I am looking for so I'll ask the main questions I have:

I want to use something to replace iTunes (or at least to manage my audio files and possibly DVD collection) that is more user friendly and renders better quality files and has more flexibility. JRiver has been suggested to me by a user. I have something like 600 CDs already ripped to iTunes - most of which sound fine when played back on the PC or on a device with good volume capabilities - but many of the albums are not loud enough when listened to over headphones on my iPod at the gym - the ambient radio played over the PA in the gym is intrusive and I would like to increase the volume of the output without having to rip the CDs again. And I want something easy to use - not have to spend ages figuring out level controls etc... Does Media Centre tick those and the following boxes...?

Will loading all my digital files from iTunes into JRiver end up duplicating the library, or can bot programs use the same library (I won't abandon iTunes - it's an easy way to buy new music)

Can I use JRiver Media Centre to synchronise with my iPods, iPhone and iPad? Will I get conflicts with iTunes if I do?

I would like to use JRiver Media Centre on a 'server' of some description (I may just use a laptop with a large hard drive as a holder for the collection) to allow anyone in the family to access the files while in the house over WiFi. What are the licensing issues involved if 4 users with laptops and a bunch of iDevices want to share the same library? DO I need just one copy of Media Centre or more?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up