INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Library View is not being saved when Media Center quits  (Read 2029 times)

matt999

• Recent member
New Library View is not being saved when Media Center quits
« on: January 04, 2015, 03:05:52 am »

I'm using Media Center 20.0.52 for OSX. I'm connected to a remote library. I'm trying to add a new library view. I can add it, it works as expected, but after I quit Media Center the next time I start up it's not there.

To make sure I'm doing it right, I tried creating a similar view in the Windows version, also using a remote library - it was saved as expected. So this seems to only be affecting the Mac version.

It didn't happen on a local library, only when using the remote library.

Thanks

[Edit: clarify that it's affecting remote library only]

matt999

• Recent member
Re: New Library View is not being saved when Media Center quits
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:47:32 pm »

I was wrong, it's not just affecting OSX. It's intermittently affecting both OS X and Windows. Sometimes after restarting my custom views are gone.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 01:44:15 pm »

After creating your custom view, try:
File / Library / Sync changes with library server
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 12:29:37 pm »

I have the same problem but with a local library. Anytime I add a new library view, it disappears after I close and reopen the program. I'm on 052 and Yosemite.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:44:06 pm »

I'm using Media Center 20.0.52 for OSX. I'm connected to a remote library. I'm trying to add a new library view. I can add it, it works as expected, but after I quit Media Center the next time I start up it's not there.

To make sure I'm doing it right, I tried creating a similar view in the Windows version, also using a remote library - it was saved as expected. So this seems to only be affecting the Mac version.

It didn't happen on a local library, only when using the remote library.

Thanks

[Edit: clarify that it's affecting remote library only]

Clients cannot edit library views on the library server (at least I've never gotten it to stick).  It's one of the things that has to be done on the library server (like changing cover art, or importing, or ripping).

matt999

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:47 am »

This seemed to work when I created the custom view on the server hosting the remote library. After quitting and re-starting media centre on my desktop, the custom view was there.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 07:12:03 am »

This seemed to work when I created the custom view on the server hosting the remote library. After quitting and re-starting media centre on my desktop, the custom view was there.

Yeah, that was my recollection.  Views can only be edited on the server, not on the clients, but it's a little confusing because the UI will let you edit them on the client, they just don't "stick."
Pages: [1]   Go Up