INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8.1 phone - how to play MC playlists?  (Read 814 times)

lambdal

Windows 8.1 phone - how to play MC playlists?
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:12:47 pm »

I have a Nokia Lumia 928 and just started using MC.  Want to move songs only to phone but not sure best way.  This phone does not have a SD slot.  Seems windows media player does not support flac files, so do I need to convert all to mp2 or acc, or is there some other player good for this?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows 8.1 phone - how to play MC playlists?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 11:43:59 pm »

I'm not on my computer at the moment, but let me give you some pointers and then if you need more help, please come back and ask.

I have a Lumia 920 and transfer music onto it using MC.

If you connect the phone to your PC then after a little while it will appear as a device in MC under "Drives & Devices"

Once it shows up, right-click the phone in MC and select "options".

From there you can configure the location of the audio files (mine is set to Music\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\) and the conversion etc (I convert to MP3).  

Once you have set things up, click OK, and then click "Sync Handheld" in the actions pane (bottom left).

You can then drag/drop the music you want from under "Audio" in the MC tree and then click Transfer to convert/transfer them over.

When you then load the Music App on your phone it will scan the music folder and find all the music you just transferred.

Hopefully I have that right, as I can't check it right now

I'd also highly recommend you check out nMedium or nMedium Play (has local playback on phone) in the store if you'd like remote control of MC from your phone.

Hope this helps.
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up