INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically add file to a Zone  (Read 1720 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Automatically add file to a Zone
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:28:33 pm »

I want to have automatically added newly imported mp3 & flac files to my zone AUDIO. Or in other words: all files in a certain folder in my music library shall be added automatically to a certain zone.
Is that possible?

JohnT

Re: Automatically add file to a Zone
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 01:54:33 pm »

You can setup auto import to monitor one or more folders and import new files that show up there:
File / Library / Import / Configure Auto-Import

Any audio file can be played in any zone that handles audio.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Al ex

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 02:50:47 pm »

You can setup auto import to monitor one or more folders and import new files that show up there:
File / Library / Import / Configure Auto-Import

Any audio file can be played in any zone that handles audio.

Yes, know the AutoImport feature. But I would like to automatically add audio files from my library to the zone "radio".

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 03:24:14 pm »

So it sounds like you want to have a folder where files that are copied there are automatically queued up for playback in a zone called "AUDIO", is that right?

I don't believe there's a way to do that.

There is a way to configure a zone to handle playback of certain tracks based on a set of rules.  So for example, if you wanted all MP3 format files to be played in a certain zone, and all FLAC files to be played in another zone, you could do that using "Zone Switch" (right-click on a zone).

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 03:32:19 pm »

You could set up a smartlist of all recently imported mp3 & flac tracks within a particular folder.

Then you could use the "Play Doctor" preset radio buttons to for example play the smartlists created above and give the presets descriptive names.

Al ex

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:01:49 am »

So it sounds like you want to have a folder where files that are copied there are automatically queued up for playback in a zone called "AUDIO", is that right?

I don't believe there's a way to do that.

There is a way to configure a zone to handle playback of certain tracks based on a set of rules.  So for example, if you wanted all MP3 format files to be played in a certain zone, and all FLAC files to be played in another zone, you could do that using "Zone Switch" (right-click on a zone).

Yes exactly.
And zones I have configured already that way.

Anyway, I think I will leave it to a manual process, i.e., when new files are added to the library, I will just copy them over to the relevant zone...

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up