INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XP file association problem  (Read 605 times)

konamike

XP file association problem
« on: January 22, 2002, 07:26:53 pm »

Perhaps someone else has already encountered this problem I'm having. Apologies in advance if it's been posted before and I hadn't found it in a search.

Running Win XP on a 350 MHz PII. Running MJ 7.2.280 (or whichever is the latest 7.2). I have XP on the PC set up for three users. Up until yesterday, MJ worked fine for whichever user was logged in. Somehow something happened with user #3 and now MJ will only display a popup that says "Select file(s) to play" (or something to that effect) whenever it tries to play a media (MP3) file. What I don't understand is MJ works without a hitch for users #1 and #2--even if they're logged on to the one PC at the same time. In other words, I can switch between users #1 and #3 in the same session and have MJ play files for #1 but not for #3.

Anyone have a clue as to why the odd behavior and (more importantly) how to fix this?

Mahalo!

konamike

RE:XP file association problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 07:29:54 pm »

Also forgot to mention I tried adding a user #4 just to see if MJ would work with a new user. It did not. Same behavior as for user #3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up