INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instructions: Restoring the IdNUC's Firmware  (Read 25359 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Instructions for Restoring the Id's Firmware
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2018, 10:44:36 am »

So,in the process of updating this old and untouched (until the last several weeks) NUC Id, I've got the MC 22 firmware update

The menu says below the shutdown option - Id:22.0.81 MC22.0.113 Engen:1.0.69

and I received, very kindly, an MC22 license from Deanna following the update instructions and providing my info. And via the text/settings menu, the license has been rejected 12 times. I have tried lower case Ls instead of 1s (desperation there) and I'm very clear on what is an alpha O versus a digit zero.

My trial version is out of its trial period, if that makes a difference. I did enter an extend trial period code earlier this week and it was rejected, if that could have made a difference. And that's about all I can think to tell you at this point. I consider one option to be going straight to MC24 and buying the license but I can't get MC22 to start in any way shape or form since it is out of its trial period and being kind of cranky. it just pops up the little splash screen that says buy a license, enter a restore key, "other stuff" which takes me to the jriver web site on how to buy, and "cancel". If I hit cancel, it goes away for a minute and then comes back.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Also, If I'm in the wrong place at this point, please advise.

John P
If you don't mind losing any libraries you may have had on it you might want to consider going straight to the versionless IdNUC build (It's MC24 but uses the license you have which is now a license tied to the IdNUC itself).
http://files.jriver.com/Id/IdX/idXrepair3.img
It's the link to the versionless IdNUC (which starts on version 23 but will do a live OTA update to version 24).

johnpy2

• Recent member
Re: Instructions for Restoring the Id's Firmware
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2018, 08:07:29 am »

If you don't mind losing any libraries .... going straight to the versionless IdNUC build (It's MC24 but uses the license you have which is now a license tied to the IdNUC itself).
http://files.jriver.com/Id/IdX/idXrepair3.img
Is the link to the versionless IdNUC (which starts on version 23 but will do a live OTA update to version 24).

Just wanted to say a big thank you for getting me to this point. Worked like a charm first time. I'm sure I'll have more questions but this feels like a big step. And not close to possible without the rock solid and downright friendly support here on INTERACT. Thanks again.

John P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up