INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC20 and Yosemite ?  (Read 1570 times)

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver MC20 and Yosemite ?
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:53:20 am »

Dear JRiver team

Since I switched to MC20 and Yosemite, I have lots of issues. I had to stop using MC20 for the moment until I can find a solution. Basically at some point, either MC20 or another running application (Safari for example) will start to show the spinning wheel and stops. If I could safely force kill the application it would be OK but basically I cannot kill it. Although I do not see any process running anymore the application seems to be still here (it appears in the force kill menu but cannot be force killed). As a consequence I cannot restart the application, neither the Mac itself as Mac will not restart with application running. I have no other choice than restarting it physically (with the ON/OFF switch).

Is there any known issue between Yosemite and MC20 ? I never had any issue with Maverick (although it was MC19 at that time).

Is there other users with the same pattern, I mean fine with Maverick or below and in trouble with Yosemite ?

Thanks
philoouu

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver MC20 and Yosemite ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:16:31 am »

its clear that safari induces some king of trouble to jriver. I sent a log to them 2 weeks ago but still no response.

As much as I love JRiver, unfortunately i cannot listen to music with it.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:46:38 am »

I did find a problem on Yosemite where we're using a third-party library for media key handling that uses an undocumented OSX function that is no longer supported on Yosemite.  I'll be a doing a new build either later today or tomorrow morning that fixes the issue so please test it out when available.  This may fix the problem philoouu is experiencing, but the problem rinoatomy is having seems unrelated.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:16:23 pm »

I did find a problem on Yosemite where we're using a third-party library for media key handling that uses an undocumented OSX function that is no longer supported on Yosemite.  I'll be a doing a new build either later today or tomorrow morning that fixes the issue so please test it out when available.  This may fix the problem philoouu is experiencing, but the problem rinoatomy is having seems unrelated.

Thanks John

I will test it once it is available and report back

Thanks
philoouu

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:03:39 pm »

Hello Jim

Bob had just fixed the other issue I had on the DSD 128 and will include it in the next build too. All my bugs should be completely fixed... Thanks for your support. I hope you can make it available sometimes soon.
Regards
philoouu

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 07:47:53 am »

Hi John
It is very stable so far...
Thanks a lot
philoouu
Pages: [1]   Go Up