INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compatibility With Other High Resolution Formats  (Read 1436 times)

Nada

• Recent member
Compatibility With Other High Resolution Formats
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:53:34 am »

On the NativeDSD.com site, there has been added a high resolution compatibility chart (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgVhKcl_3lHfdFVyenBBNjNpQ2lieG81WGpqQTNfVUE#gid=0) that says JRiver will play DSD 256. 

There aren't a lot of files to download commercially in 256FS (mostly it's 64 and 128), however, I did download an album that I very interested in playing from NativeDSD in the 256 DFF format, and when attempting to play the file with JRiver, I get a message that the file format is not compatible with JRiver.  Is the compatibility list wrong, and should JRiver play the file, might it be the Mac version of JRiver that is to blame, or might it be that there is something unique to these downloads?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Compatibility With Other High Resolution Formats
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 08:45:10 am »

You may be misinterpreting the error message. What exactly does it say?
Its possible that your hardware cannot play these formats without resampling, so you may need to change the DSP configuration for them to work.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 09:11:55 am »

Make sure you have the most recent build from the top of this board.

Nada

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 01:22:07 pm »

Its possible that your hardware cannot play these formats without resampling, so you may need to change the DSP configuration for them to work.

When i go to the imported file and try to play it, it tells me there is a problem with playback.  I just assumed it was incompatible. May not be. But when going to the DSP configuration page I have no idea how to set this DSP for the DFF 256.  How would a layperson who is not an engineer of sorts know how to set the program for playback. It's quite maddening. I haven't had problems with normal DSD files, but I surely have a problem this 256 DFF.

Nada

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 01:26:28 pm »

When i go to the imported file and try to play it, it tells me there is a problem with playback.  I just assumed it was incompatible. May not be. But when going to the DSP configuration page I have no idea how to set this DSP for the DFF 256.  How would a layperson who is not an engineer of sorts know how to set the program for playback. It's quite maddening. I haven't had problems with normal DSD files, but I surely have a problem this 256 DFF.

Nada

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 01:38:52 pm »

Make sure you have the most recent build from the top of this board.

I am running 20.0.14, not the latest.  is there specific way to upgrade other than simply dragging the 20.0.52 into Applications (without losing what's imported already and the settings that I have) or is that the only way to upgrade to newer build?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 01:55:15 pm »

You can install without losing anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up