INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reconnecting to a library  (Read 930 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
reconnecting to a library
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:49:48 pm »

I just dont get it.

I'm trying to connect my Win7 laptop to my NAS as media server, where it was once the server was on a Win7 desktop (all on the same network).

I can't remember how to do it!

Now I question the prompt that appears when I go to library manager, choose "Add Library" and select the 2nd radio button "Enter a path to an existing library..."

No matter what I enter - including the path to the network drive with my music files - the return error wants a blank space.

Help!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: reconnecting to a library
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:05 am »

I think you just need to set up auto import to import the files you want.  Tools > Import.  Add, delete, or edit the directories you want MC to watch.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 02:12:00 am »

Note: you also need to specify what media types shall be imported. Normally you should check the boxes on all media types in the list that MC offers you.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:30:32 am »

Wait, doesn't "import" imply that duplicates of my music files will be created on the server's hard drive, or am I misinterpreting? I only want to read from my NAS.

Thanks!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:36:10 am »

Wait, doesn't "import" imply that duplicates of my music files will be created on the server's hard drive, or am I misinterpreting? I only want to read from my NAS.

Thanks!

No, MC is a database. Import will catalog the location of your current music and not touch or copy your current files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up