INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding Find  (Read 508 times)

lee269

Finding Find
« on: January 22, 2002, 10:05:16 am »

There must be an obvious answer to this, but I cannot find any way to activate the search pane when viewing playlists/media library, except by pressing Ctrl F (MJ 8.0.175). The keypress is a logical one of course, but surely there is/should be a toolbar button/menu item as well. Am I missing something obvious? The search facility is beyond any comparable player that Ive tried, and I hate to think of potential customers only seeing the 'dowdy' interface Next Page and overlooking this powerful feature.

On a related note it took me quite some time to figure out that 'length=<=410' seems to be the correct syntax to find all songs less than 5mins 30secs long. Does anyone else agree that 'length=<=05:30' is more natural? Even 00:05:30 would make more sense to me personally.

David

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:Finding Find
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 10:16:27 am »

Yeah, I agree with that.

But to answer your other question. Click ON Media Library. Not on any of the branches directly below it, but right on it.

lee269

RE:Finding Find
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 08:43:51 am »

Thanks, Doof - I see it now. Since the library stats disappeared from media library I never click on it directly, but click to expand the view.

I still think that MJ is hiding its light under a bushel, though. I like the way that searching is more integrated than the find feature in v7, but there should be a more obvious way to get the search pane up in any view of the library. Perhaps a toolbar button to toggle 'show search pane'?

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up