INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galaxy Note 4 Playlist Sync  (Read 2768 times)

helpme

Galaxy Note 4 Playlist Sync
« on: January 10, 2015, 07:42:58 pm »

Hi,

I am having trouble keeping my playlists synced on my Galaxy Note 4.  The music files are all transferred but some times the playlists themselves do not get synced or re synced.

I have seen in an earlier thread that the android music players are looking at a database rather than looking for the playlist files on the SD Card.

If there is an issue how can I re sync the playlists ? Anything I can clear in MC or on the phone to make the re sync happen ?

Thanks
Stephen

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Playlist Sync
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 04:48:52 pm »

I have always experienced the same problem on all Android devices I've owned; initial sync works but on subsequent syncs some if not all playlists are lost.

The only work around I know is to wipe the SD Card and start fresh with a new sync, then using the free Android app "Playlist Backup" immediately back up the playlists (note, since KitKat it can only backup to Dropbox, fails to write to SD Card). This enables you to restore the original playlists into the Android playlist database when MC wipes them (from both the playlist folder and the database) during subsequent syncs.

If MC does manage to write a new/modified playlist on a re-sync, that needs to be back upped too.

LtTawnyMadison

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 02:40:54 pm »

When I got my Note 4, there wasn't a way to sync MC with Android, so I switched over to iTunes and have been using iSyncr to sync my files and 100+ playlists between my Note and iTunes. That's been OK, though often the syncing process isn't smooth. Is there now a way to sync MC with Android? If so I'd move back to MC in a flash!

I did upload everything to Google Play as a possible alternative, but working with the playlists there is clunky and of course doesn't have nearly as many features as a Windows-based program does.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 04:16:14 pm »

With many android devices, the internal memory doesn't appear on your computer as a disk drive.  I'm unsure about how MTP plays into this, but there certainly seem to be numerous reports that various Android devices aren't detected in the Drives and Devices section of MC.

However, Android devices are designed to use Android File Transfer.  This is a program available from google that let's you drag and drop files from your computer to Android.  So, in those cases, what I do is sync MC to a directory on my computer.  Then, I plug in my Android and use Android File Transfer to copy my sync directory contents over to the Android.  This works pretty well.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up