INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drives and Devices  (Read 1331 times)

PNCD1

• Recent member
Drives and Devices
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:00:01 pm »

I am trying to use MC20 Windows to take my FLAC library and convert it to MP3.  For years I have used dbPowerAmp Batch Converter to do this but I want to take advantage of MC20's level normalisation.

The FLAC library is on a network NAS share and the ultimate target is also a network NAS share.
When I select a test playlist I can "send to" a local USB key just fine.
When I replace the USB key with a USB WD Passport drive, the device does not show up in the same way as a USB key but does show up in Explorer.
Ditto the target NAS share, even when mapped as a local drive.

This is unintuitive to me: why cannot I not ask MC20 to send a playlist (or all files) to a target recognised in MC20 Explorer and have it do the conversion and DSP in the same way that I can send to a USB key?
Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.  Thank you

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Drives and Devices
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:53:54 pm »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but why not just set the drive/folder in the conversion options?  It'll put the mp3's wherever you want...

PNCD1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »

Thanks Ferday for the response.
Okay, so we drop the idea that a USB key might be treated in the same manner as a USB drive or a mapped NAS share be treated like a local disk.  I can live with that.
How do I do a conversion?  I see that there is an Audio Path option within the settings, but that requires a destination to be selected first.  I cannot select the destination to even try the path approach.
Here is a screenshot showing a selected playlist->Send To->Drives & Devices.  The only option that is always available is Burner.  Here there is the USB key, which is inserted in the PC.  There is no local drive C, no mapped NAS share, Drive Z.
Without Drive or Device I cannot get to the conversion options to specify the path.  If I had access to Drives and Devices, then I could actually set the path directly. 
So it seems to me that conversion options are not a solution to not having access to connected Drives & Devices.
Turns out I do not even know how to paste into this post between these tags!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 01:46:21 pm »

Try adding the drive in the Handhelds options.  MC will be able to sync to it.  Conversion is one of the options for sync.

PNCD1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 11:57:02 am »

Jim

That is great, Jim.  I have been able to mount a network share and specify a directory as a Handheld device, to which I can sent a playlist, including conversion and volume levelling.
I do not understand why it works this way so long as it works!
Thank you.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up