INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choppy Video Playback for Movies in AVI Format  (Read 798 times)

Twcarter

• Recent member
Choppy Video Playback for Movies in AVI Format
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:59:05 am »

I have to use AVI due to the format my Sharp flat screen uses. The problem is it does not matter what movie or video I rip the playback is choppy. Video playback is choppy on both the server and TV. I am assuming MC handles the playback so does anyone know if this is or could be a codec issue on the pc. Please let me know if I am wrong about who controls playback of the video.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Choppy Video Playback for Movies in AVI Format
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:26:59 am »

Can you try a movie in mkv (or other format) to see if that plays nicely on your server?

That might help determine if the problem is with all formats (a weak computer or faulty setup) or if it is just the one format (avi).

When you play the movie are you "streaming" it to the tv and server from a NAS, or is the movie stored directly on the server (internal drive)?

It may also help to know what computer/gpu setup you have.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:28:31 am »

Is your PC fast enough?

Check Windows Task Manager | Performance | CPU Usage whilst transcoding..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Twcarter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 09:51:46 am »

I tried MKV and several other format and they play back with no issues, seems to be just AVI which is what I really need. I am playing back right on the server when the problem occurs,  I am able to stream MKV and MP4 across my network to supported TV with no issues. The server is Dell OptiPlex 390, I3 3.3 processor with 4 gig of memory. Thanks for the reply and help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up