INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charlie Hebdo  (Read 1646 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Charlie Hebdo
« on: January 13, 2015, 10:01:01 am »

The satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, will publish tomorrow its first edition since the massacre.  Here's the cover:

It says, "All is forgiven" and "I am Charlie".

I find it both funny and tragic.  Both laughter and tears.

On Friday, I was on my way to Paris as the gunmen were surrounded and a Kosher grocery store was attacked.

I spent the next day walking all over Paris.  It was a surreal combination of police activity, sympathetic displays, and normal life in Paris.

To anyone who publishes anything anywhere in the world, I wish you courage and wisdom.

Je suis Charlie.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Charlie Hebdo
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 03:56:56 pm »

very sad why people feel the need to take lives like this.

very sad for the victims and the family of these crimes.

governments need to take a strong stance against these terrorist groups to protect their citizens.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:41:22 am »

What I find hard to appreciate is the condemnation from some quarters of that cartoon.

I'm not a Muslim but my understanding of the Prophet's views are that forgiveness and an opposition to violence are a consistent perspective. For me, that cartoon captures that thinking and at the same time is respectful. If that message is provocative, then that gets a "je suis Charlie" from me.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 06:27:04 am »

I don't think the prophet ever forbid anyone from depicting him, but somewhere along the line, that was apparently added to the faith.  I think that that's what some object to.

Pages: [1]   Go Up