INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nas>Med8er 500X2>Cambridge Audio Dac  (Read 1386 times)

LuukNL

Nas>Med8er 500X2>Cambridge Audio Dac
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:54:39 am »

Hi,

I am using the trial version of MC on my macbook to play FLAC files from my Synology NAS using a mede8er 500X2 as DLNA renderer, 1 Gbit network.

Although I can play some tracks, very frequently the Mede8er disappears or I can not play any music at all and need to restart the Mede8er or the MC app.

I think I need to connect my NAS directly to my DAC. My NAS has an USB port, my DAC has SPDIF or Coaxial input. I Googled this subject and found that a simple external sound card could be sufficient, but (no surprise) some people think only very expensive sound cards or USB/SPDIF converters will do the trick. Can someone with the same set-up tell me what works best?

Thanks,

Luuk

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Nas>Med8er 500X2>Cambridge Audio Dac
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:20:19 am »

Are you using 20.0.54?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94779.0

Does the renderer work without problems with any other software?

LuukNL

Re: Nas>Med8er 500X2>Cambridge Audio Dac
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:37:46 pm »

Hi Jim,

The reason I tried MC was because Synology's Audio Station was also failing in the same manner as MC is. I suppose my setup is not a succes and I wonder what setup would work ok? I need to get the signal from my synology (USB) to SPDIF or Coaxial so the renderer is not needed.

The upgrade to 20.0.54 is even worse... MC must be forced to close and the Mede8er is not showing up anymore.

Thanks for your quick reply though :)

Luuk
Pages: [1]   Go Up