INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default Play Doctor criteria?  (Read 2038 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Default Play Doctor criteria?
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:05:24 am »

Hi all –

Is there a way to set a default set of Play Doctor criteria? I.e. when I hit Play Doctor on something, I would like it if it only played stuff +/- 5 years, and +/- 15 BPM of the start track. (It would also be great if I could have a big pile of IFs that would only select certain genres based on the starting point.)

On a related note, now that I mostly use MC Mac, I often wonder if I should cross-post these types of questions, or if there should be a sub-forum for questions that have nothing to do with the hardware MC is running on...

Thanks –
Micah

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Default Play Doctor criteria?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:38:28 am »

Hi all –

Is there a way to set a default set of Play Doctor criteria? I.e. when I hit Play Doctor on something, I would like it if it only played stuff +/- 5 years, and +/- 15 BPM of the start track. (It would also be great if I could have a big pile of IFs that would only select certain genres based on the starting point.)

On the Windows version, you can use the Set Rules for Files That Can Be Included option (see the screenshot below)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:40:02 am »

On the Windows version, you can use the Set Rules for Files That Can Be Included option (see the screenshot below)

Right, true, I forgot about that... Do you know if there's a way to make a default set so it's a) doable on Mac b) works when you right-click a track in the tree?

Thanks!

Micah

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:01:49 am »

Right, true, I forgot about that... Do you know if there's a way to make a default set so it's a) doable on Mac b) works when you right-click a track in the tree?

a) Don't know
b) To my knowledge, the settings you choose are applied to PD when you right click and choose Play(with Play Doctor)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:11:00 am »

a) Don't know
b) To my knowledge, the settings you choose are applied to PD when you right click and choose Play(with Play Doctor)

Yeah, the latter is what I'd like to make more defined rules for. I'm assuming I can't, but who knows. I generally like a less-diverse mix than Play Doctor gives me.

My other option is using Play Charts, but, again, the relativity is what I'd like to alter (that is to say, only playing songs within a few years of what I've chosen, as opposed to only playing songs between 1982 and 1988, like you have to do there).

Micah

Dorsai

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:49:29 am »

I still don't see a way to limit the playlist to artists in the same 'Genre'. Is there a way to do that?

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:35:57 pm »

I still don't see a way to limit the playlist to artists in the same 'Genre'. Is there a way to do that?

Yeah, that's kind of what I am getting at, forcing Play Doctor into narrower ranges. I have a lot of diversity in artists for particular genres and time periods, say, so I don't need a lot of variety outside of that. Even the "play a little variety" option in the Windows version still gives too much variety for me (while playing the seed song, say, once out of every 10-15 tracks).

Hopefully somebody can help us out.

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up