INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orphaned Library  (Read 1541 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Orphaned Library
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:55:24 am »

In my MC20 there is a library under 'Playing Now' whose name is blank. The path where it is supposedly stored does not exist on the PC. In library manager there is no option to delete this library.
I tried reinstalling MC20 and the library is gone. As soon as I restore the main library from my backup, the orphaned library is back.
Does anyone have an idea how I can get rid of it?
Thanks a lot

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Orphaned Library
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:35:03 am »

It is coming back because the setup for the Library Manager (including any additional Libraries added, but not active) are included in the Settings portion of the Library Backup.

You should be able to delete the Library via the Library Manager.  Please note that you cannot delete the currently active Library (which it should not be because you said it is broken).  Select the Library itself within the Library Manager section of the tree, and choose Delete.  Or, if that doesn't work, try selecting the Playing From <CURRENT LIBRARY> item itself (the top of the Library Manager), click the Delete Library button, and then select the blank one from the pop-over list.

If none of this works, you could also make a backup and the edit the settings file manually, and then restore the backup (make and save an unedited version so that if you bork this up, you can undo it).  To do this, make a Library Backup, and then open (or unzip) the Zip file.  Inside there is a folder called Settings and then a file called User Settings.ini.  Open this file up in a decent text editor (I'd recommend Notepad++) and you can edit or modify the settings that will be restored.

The stored list of Libraries is found in the Properties\\Libraries key.  Each available Library has an associated entry here.  The DisplayName property shows the names you gave them in the Library Manager.  You can remove an entire key here to remove the Library entirely from MC's setup.

Save the file, rezip the package if needed, and then restore it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Orphaned Library
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:37:59 am »

Sounds like a deal. Plenty of options, sure one of them works
Pages: [1]   Go Up