INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel Guide not downloading data past tomorrow  (Read 2508 times)

thane108

• World Citizen
Channel Guide not downloading data past tomorrow
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:28:15 pm »

I just noticed that I don't have TV listings for the most part past Sunday afternoon - today is Saturday.

I'm using OTA antenna and was downloading from my local cable company - Bend Cable.  Worked fine in the past.

I tried to setup again using Bend Cable, another cable provider, and the option recommended by JRiver.  Same issue.

Suggestions?
Perseverance wins out in the end!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

contium

• World Citizen
Re: Channel Guide not downloading data past tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 08:31:04 pm »

Same problem here.

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:51:56 pm »

Since I'm using local cable providers for info the links to microsoft issues don't seem to be helpful.

I'm thinking that whatever software downloads info is not working correctly.

Help!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:40:39 pm »

I'm thinking that whatever software downloads info is not working correctly.

I'm thinking that you are thinking incorrectly.

Didn't you know that American EPG users have been riding on the back of Microsoft's WMC for a decade, and that includes Cable users?

If you looked at the first thread I linked to, you will see that it is a JRiver thread, where the developer of MC TV functionality said he too only had three days left of EPG, yesterday. Perhaps you saw his post:
It must be a Microsoft issue (this also answers your other question regarding where the data come from).  I can confirm that today I am only getting three days of data.

So you can see, the data comes from Microsoft. I guess that makes those links relevant after all. Perhaps if you had done what I suggested and;
Search around the internet to see what is going on.
instead of just dismissing the sample links I provided, you may have found out some more information.

Of course, when Microsoft finish converting to Rovi as their EPG data provider, MC may need a software update. But it shouldn't, because if it did all WMC installations would also need an update. Microsoft said they planned to make the transition transparent to users.

I guess for now you will have to source your program information wherever you can find it, and then manually set recording timers until the EPG appears again. Perhaps your cable provider's website still has program data listed?

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 09:23:41 am »

Thanks RoerickGi - I missed your first link that was from JRiver - had read the other links.

From the JRiver link it sounds like we are all in the same boat in the US  - no EPG info.

Is that correct?  Is there a work-around?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 07:08:20 pm »

As I'm in Australia, where access to EPG data is even harder than it is for you now, I'm not sure.

There are other guys around here have been saying that zap2xml still has data I think. But that may all change as well, since Microsoft is dropping it as the EPG source.
I see you are posting in the EPG thread now, so I won't continue here. There must be lots of people in the US who haven't realised that they just lost their EPG data, and will be angry when their programs aren't recorded. I hope the situation gets sorted out for you guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up