INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .WTV Play Issue from Library Server  (Read 1029 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
.WTV Play Issue from Library Server
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:05:41 am »

With the latest build, I am trying to see about playing the .WTV files from the Recorded TV folder on the library server to one of the clients. The MC server imports the files and adds the related information on it, but when I try to play it on the client, I get a 'Something went wrong with Playback', with no explanation as to why. With movies and other files not in .wtv format of course they play just fine.

Is there something that needs to be checked or a setting perhaps? Wouldn't do much good to have WMC record the shows, MC to import it and not being able to watch it on the client. I can play the file directly though when not connected to the library server.

Any ideas?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: .WTV Play Issue from Library Server
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 11:48:46 am »

I'm not totally sure why, but WTV files cannot be streamed.  So, you have to import them from a shared network drive on the server library (network path instead of local), and then you can play them from the client when you have the "Play local file..." option enabled in the network settings on your client.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Re: .WTV Play Issue from Library Server
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:27:14 pm »

Yup, that did it. Changed the import to the network UNC path and now it plays on the client no problem. WMC and its weirdness....
Pages: [1]   Go Up