INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New To Mac - A Few Basic Questions About JRiver Functionality  (Read 1352 times)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
New To Mac - A Few Basic Questions About JRiver Functionality
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:10:46 am »

I have been running MC for Windows since version 17 (currently using 20) and love it. The new Master Licensing scheme couldn't come at a better time...... I have never owned an Apple product, but was contemplating going with an older (2008-2009 dual core, 2 gig ram) Macbook for playing music with my two channel portable PA rig, with possible upgrade to a newer machine later this year. I was able to pick up a Macbook very cheap locally this past weekend, and have reinstalled the OS on a new hard drive (currently @ Lion 10.7.5).

My questions:

1. Does Gizmo work well with MC running on Mac? Is it fully functional similar to MC running in Windows? I don't own any I-Pads or I-Phones so Android remote control is required.
2. Is there a "universal" hardware remote that works with Mac (like a WMC remote)?
3. Does HD video play efficiently?
4. Will updating to a newer OS make any difference for MC functionality or efficiency?

I may have some more specific questions as I delve into using the Macbook with the trial version of MC for Mac this weekend, just need to know what the limitations are and if getting the multi-os license makes sense for me.
The price is definitely right, kudos to the JRiver folks for combining all OS's into one!

Thanks.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New To Mac - A Few Basic Questions About JRiver Functionality
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:27:03 am »

The Mac version lacks some video features that the Windows version has.  Theater View isn't available.

Gizmo will work with it.

I don't know about remotes for Mac.

HD video works.

We've seen two different problems caused by changes Apple made to the OS, but we've also fixed them.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:07 pm »

The Mac version lacks some video features that the Windows version has.  Theater View isn't available.

Gizmo will work with it.

I don't know about remotes for Mac.

HD video works.

We've seen two different problems caused by changes Apple made to the OS, but we've also fixed them.

Thanks Jim. Is it possible for Theater view to be integrated at some point in Version 20, or not likely?
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:14:05 am »

Thanks Jim. Is it possible for Theater view to be integrated at some point in Version 20, or not likely?
We hope so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up