INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a very civil response  (Read 1711 times)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
a very civil response
« on: January 21, 2002, 11:35:05 am »

It's a great compliment to all who frequent this joint that nobody has rubbed any salt in the wounds of the cheese person.  Thanks for your kindness in his hour of need.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

kitfox

RE:a very civil response
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 01:03:00 pm »

we have a cheesehead here?

one guy talks alot about being a fan--but he's just joking, right?

didn't think anyone could be serious about it

Michael

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2002, 01:09:41 pm »

Scratching Head
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2002, 02:03:39 pm »

Scronching head.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Wilma McNabb

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 05:03:36 am »

Sorry about Green Bay Packing it in.  Philly looked forward to a home game thrashing of the pack, but when you are 8-1 on the road, we will gladly travel to St. Louis as a detour on our way to New Orleans.

Go Eagles.

Wilma.

PS gotta go bake some peach cobbler.

Chico

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2002, 07:10:30 am »

YEAH Wilma!  Sorry to hear about the Packs luck.  Hope that spanking didn't hurt to much.  Seems whenever a team starts thinking that the Eagles will be an easy stepping stone, they get educated quickly and soundly.  For the Eagles to go into Cheese country and spank the Packers was a beauiful thing indeed.
Forget the Cheeseheads....  Bring on the Cheese Steak heads!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2002, 07:47:33 am »

Oh your talking about Sports....

Something i know little about.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2002, 08:31:57 pm »

OK, OK.  After watching the Rams defense embarass the Pack, I was treated to 3 hours of sleep and a sunrise flight out west.  Now I'm back, and the wound still oozes.  I've got no excuses for the Pack; they were soundly whooped.  I do believe that if they played that game 10 times, the Pack would win 3 or 4, but that's the beauty of the NFL: lose and you go home.  None of this 5 or 7 game ** series baloney like baseball, basketball and hockey.  I do have a concern that the NFL needs to address the dome/turf issue.  The league is fracturing into two very different sports--classic football, played on grass outside in the elements (hot, cold, rain, snow, whatever), and large-scale arena football, played on carpeting inside.  I'm a big arena football fan (season tickets for 6 years), but I hate seeing the NFL going down that path.  Anyway, the two styles are incompatible, as indoor teams are all about speed and run totally different offenses, and outdoor teams are about strength and adaptability to the conditions.  Real fans sit in the snow and love it, but that's a different discussion.

Chico, I'm not sure what you were smoking on Sunday, but the Eagles beat the Bears, not the Packers.  The Packers went to St Louis and were crushed by the Rams.  The Packers have won 3 of the last 4 games against the Eagles, and have won the last two meetings.  Overall, the Pack is 23-10-0 against the Eagles.  But, alas, this year the Pack is now out, and the Eagles are in (but they haven't played the Rams yet; we'll see what happens in the late game this Sunday).  I'd like to see the Eagles win, but I predict they will lose by 24.  Just fyi, halfway through the season, a few of us made our Super Bowl winner predictions.  Mine were (1) St Louis, (2) Oakland, and my "dark horse" pick was, none other than, (3) Philadelphia.

Q: What do you call a bunch of guys watching the Super Bowl instead of shoveling their driveways?
A: The Packers and the Vikings.

Scronch

P.S. Changed planes in Minneapolis last night.  Still a beautiful city at night.

Scronch

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2002, 09:15:01 pm »

Wilma, Chico -

My condolences.  They gave it a go, but the Eagles just didn't have the muster.

Scronch

P.S. - Chico, the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES played the ST. LOUIS RAMS in the NFL's NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Wilma

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2002, 05:11:22 am »

Scronch,

Thanks for not throwing salt in the wounds.  At least it was a good game. St. Louis is definitely the real deal. I pick them to roll over New England in as resounding a way as the 1985(?) Bears New England thumping.

W

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2002, 05:20:58 am »

Congrats, Wilma....I see you're continuing your unblemished record of false prophecy. A lot of smart money has taken a licking this year writing NE off. Mike Martz said they were the toughest team the Rams played all year, and that they felt they'd been through a real mugging. These guys thrive on being underestimated.

HTH

Scronch

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2002, 07:23:29 am »

...and the Rams are gonna crush 'em.
Pages: [1]   Go Up