INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: loss of remote control commands in theater view  (Read 873 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
loss of remote control commands in theater view
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:54:21 am »

The remote loses control meaning the buttons/commands on the remote do not do anything  while in MC Theater View. In order to regain or have the remote start working again i have to change inputs for example to my Verizon cable box. The remote sends the commands to change fine. Once i change back to the jriver everything works fine until the next time it happens. The remote does not lose control of the Verizon cable box. Additionally when i select a movie for the first time after MC has been idle and when a movie is on a different drive the windows taskbar appears at the bottom and the little blue circle appears at the top for a short period of time. I then get the "opening" on the screen and the movie then starts. While I have had seen the "opening" appear  I have not had the taskbar appearing with the blue circle. This seems like this is or similar to the "spinning up the drive". Any help with the loss of remote control would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: loss of remote control commands in theater view
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 07:01:52 am »

Please read the Media Center Remote instructions on our wiki and look for the part about Windows Media Center.  It may need to be disabled (can be done in MC options).

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 09:31:51 am »

Thanks Jim for the quick response. When I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8.1 I did not reinstall Windows Media Center. I was having the black screen issue when I used the back button. This was solved last month with the removal of "option for fullscreen exclusive mode in Theater View".  In an effort to eliminate this issue, when I changed to 8.1 I did not want to put anything on the computer that may conflict. I did read the wiki section you suggested and I did have something that has not happened before. When I tried to select either commands or devices & options I get a pop up saying " you don't appear to have a media center receiver connected to your computer. Please connect and try again." I do have a media center remote receiver connected in the usb port. My Logitech ultimate remote send its commands to this receiver and other than the issue of the loss of control, it works. I have previously been able to access both commands and devices & options but cant now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:54:27 am »

Please try build 61 from the top of this board.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 10:17:51 am »

I had a lot of trouble when I first went to Win8.1 (which didn't come with Windows Media Center) because the remote driver "ehome Infrared Driver" did not install, or it was a faulty install. Sometimes the remote worked and sometimes it didn't. In the end, I copied the ehome files from my Win7 machine (there are two files).

Also this may be of some help: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07914&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en (a little old, but maybe helpful).

I don't know if this is part of your problem or not, but you would find this driver at Control Panel>Device Manager>Human Interface Devices (or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers).
Pages: [1]   Go Up