INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't use XP CD built-in recording after installing MJ7.2  (Read 1343 times)

Srik

Can't use XP CD built-in recording after installing MJ7.2
« on: January 21, 2002, 09:01:21 am »

Hi MJ users,

I recently purchased the MJ 7.2. I did used the MJ CD burning capability for data CD's(but this only works for music data files not for computer data files) for burning some MP3's. Since I cannot use MJ for data files(it will be nice to see this feature in future release) other than music data files, I have to rely on XP's built-in CD burning for computer data files. After installing MJ, I cannot use the XP's burning software. When I first burned my MP3 collection, MJ asked to disable the Autoplay feature of XP OS. Does this creating any problem? Windows XP says that the CD in CD RW drive in not writable even though I inserted the blank CD-R. Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Srik

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Can't use XP CD built-in recording after installing MJ7.2
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2002, 11:18:26 am »

The problem is probably not related to MJ installation.  Not sure about the autoplay setting.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Srik

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 05:40:24 am »

Is there is any telephone Customer support for Media Jukebox? I would like to take this problem to them. Anyway, thanks jim

Srik

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2002, 06:05:45 am »

No, this forum is customer support for MJ.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2002, 10:31:08 am »

You could try re-enabling the autorun to see if that helps.
The registry entry is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom\Autorun
You can change the value to 1 to re-enable Autorun.

I'm not running XP so I'm not sure if there is an easy "gui" way to change this setting.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Srik

RE:Can't use XP CD built-in recording after installing MJ7.2 - THANKS JOHN
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2002, 07:05:58 am »

Thanks John for your suggestion. I tried this option before you posted to this forum by following the MJ user guide to enable the Autorun feature. Y'day I could able to resolve my problem. I am not sure if I keep the autorun enable, whether I could able to burn the MP3's from the MJ. Is the autorun is enable on your system? If so, have you burned any MP3's using MJ? Moreover john, can you write me how to remove the traces of any uninstalled software from the registry? I have problem with my PC camera. I wanted to remove the traces of this software from the registry and then try clean installation of the PC camera software. Can you give any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2002, 11:53:15 am »

As to burning in MJ with autorun enabled, it works fine on my computer. I would suggest using it that way and only consider changing it if you experience errors right near the end of the burn process.
As far as the registry cleaning, I'm afraid I'm not much help. Maybe someone else on this forum can suggest a good way (software) to do this.

Bollocks

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2002, 12:15:41 am »

Dear JohnT
Srik asked if he could remove all traces in the registry for MJ to start again. Surely the uninstaller that came with MJ complies with Windows directive to remove itself completely from the OS? I know MS products don't so why should MJ, but this is a problem for Srik.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2002, 03:53:12 am »

I think Srik was talking about removing the registry entries for his PC camera application, not MJ. I believe the MJ uninstaller does a pretty good job of removing it's own registry entries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up