INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New "Audio Only Mode"?  (Read 7463 times)

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
New "Audio Only Mode"?
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:16:54 am »

What's new mode "Audio Only Mode" do exactly?

bulldogger

• World Citizen
Re: New "Audio Only Mode"?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:43 am »

It's a view that only shows audio files, not the video ones.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:32:01 am »

Don't use it yet.  In this build, it resets views to defaults when you turn it off.  Will be fixed soon.

If you did already, you can restore a backup.  MC makes them automatically.  Look under the File menu.

dean70

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:21:30 pm »

The views did not reset for me when I turned off Audio only mode. Only the custom Options/General/Features were reset.

edit: scratch that, only the Video views were reset.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 01:51:44 pm »

What's new mode "Audio Only Mode" do exactly?

Ah this sounds interesting. It'll suit me when it's mended. I cannot understand how folk listen to music with their eyes.  :)
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Al ex

Re: Re: New "Audio Only Mode"?
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 04:03:42 pm »

Ah this sounds interesting. It'll suit me when it's mended. I cannot understand how folk listen to music with their eyes.  :)
Well, I like to see artist images pulled from Internet on the TV, while playing music...

jimwc

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »

One more bug report for Audio-Only mode (I only found this thread after trying it  :-[).  Invoking this view breaks the volume control for MC.  After selecting Audio-only, the buttons on my keyboard affected only the Mac system volume (with the usual Mac click noise), but the volume slider in MC did not move.  The only way to fix this was to restore my settings from an old Library archive, which set things back to normal (i.e. MC volume slider moves with keyboard buttons and NO Mac click sound is heard through the speakers). 

Options-->Audio-->AudioDevice-->CoreAudio--> "Exclusive Access" checked
Options-->Audio-->Volume = System Volume

MC 20.0.60, OSX 10.9.5

TCube

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 02:44:40 pm »

. I cannot understand how folk listen to music with their eyes.  :)

Have a look ! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hpPYKJAnwUo
You might learn the move and the steps ;D

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 03:04:29 pm »

One more bug report for Audio-Only mode (I only found this thread after trying it  :-[).  Invoking this view breaks the volume control for MC.  After selecting Audio-only, the buttons on my keyboard affected only the Mac system volume (with the usual Mac click noise), but the volume slider in MC did not move.  The only way to fix this was to restore my settings from an old Library archive, which set things back to normal (i.e. MC volume slider moves with keyboard buttons and NO Mac click sound is heard through the speakers).  

Options-->Audio-->AudioDevice-->CoreAudio--> "Exclusive Access" checked
Options-->Audio-->Volume = System Volume

MC 20.0.60, OSX 10.9.5
Can't repro this on my computer.  The keyboard buttons work in or out of "audio only" mode.  Any tips to help repro?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jimwc

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 03:26:17 pm »

I just tried it again with the same behavior.  A few more details from some testing: When I first open MC, the keyboard buttons operate the Mac System volume, not MC.  If I Ctrl-tab to another program, and then back to MC, the keyboard volume buttons operate MC as they should.

Unfortunately, now even though I have restored my settings to a backup from 1/19, I still have this volume keyboard problem when starting MC.  I'm not sure why the restore didn't permanently fix as it did yesterday.

jimwc

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 03:35:17 pm »

A few more comments.

I did find a restore that reverted me back to normal volume behavior (1/17 worked, but 1/19 didn't even though both predate any fiddling with audio-only mode)

To be clear, even though this thread is on the Windows side of the MC forums, I'm using Mac.

Possibly unrelated: When I selected audio-only mode, I saw a window saying that MC will now restart, but it doesn't.  I had to restart the program manually. 

jimwc

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 03:53:03 pm »

When I first open MC, the keyboard buttons operate the Mac System volume, not MC.  If I Ctrl-tab to another program, and then back to MC, the keyboard volume buttons operate MC as they should.

I just plugged my Thunderbolt Display back in, and tested the volume behavior at MC startup, and I again see this same issue (without any more fiddling with Audio-only mode).  I'm pretty new to MC, so it's possible that this volume button behavior at MC startup has nothing to do with Audio-only, but I only recently noticed it.  Perhaps in the past I had tabbed away from MC and back to it at some point before changing the volume without noticing the systematic effect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up