INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 crashes when converting multiple songs from DSF to AIFF  (Read 1419 times)

stevebythebay

• Recent member
MC 20 crashes when converting multiple songs from DSF to AIFF
« on: January 24, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »

This is for 20.0.60.  When attempting to convert from very high bitrate DSF files to AIFF specifying lower bitrates like 176 and attempting to choose more than say 3 or 4 songs the app crashes.  The crash reports:

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

How do I go about the process of sending whatever is needed to fix this to whoever needs to see it?  I'd set up the DSP settings for anything above 176kHZ to be limited to 176kHZ.  That seems not to work.

I've discovered that in order to get things to work as they should, I needed to have the DSP settings only specify 176 for 192 and 352 and let 384 and greater than 384 be left as "No Change".

Been testing the same DSF album with MC 19 for Windows running under Parallels.  None of the problems I see with the Mac version.  Please fix Mac version.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 20 crashes when converting multiple songs from DSF to AIFF
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 10:07:53 am »

If possible, please share one of these problem files via something like Dropbox or Google and we'll take a look.  You can email a link to logs at jriver dot com.  Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

stevebythebay

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:54:42 am »

Well I discovered it's not a simple crash situation but a bit of timing.  If I give the program a bit of time to "collect itself" after specifying that I want to convert say an album and wait about 10 seconds to hit the convert button then all is well.  Seems equally true of specifying say half a dozen albums.  I can send along whatever you need.  Just need to know the process of gathering up the logs you'd want to look at.

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 07:11:37 pm »

I had a similar bug.
Are you converting them one by one or two by two (this is the default set-up)?
On my side it crashed randomly when converting them 2 by 2. With 1 by 1 I never experienced any crash and I am sure it does not take much more time.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »

This should be fixed as of build 20.0.67 today.  Thanks for the reports.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up