INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear Played from Playing Now  (Read 1790 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Clear Played from Playing Now
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:46:29 pm »

3. NEW: Added 'Clear Played From Playing Now' to the right-click in Playing Now.
This seems to remove all items above the current track, rather than clearing played files from the list.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 03:49:00 pm »

This seems to clear items above the current track, rather than clearing played files from the list.

I think that is how its supposed to function. We don't really know otherwise if a file in that particular playlist has already been played (in the context of that playlist).
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 03:58:16 pm »

I think that is how its supposed to function. We don't really know otherwise if a file in that particular playlist has already been played (in the context of that playlist).
Oh, from the description I expected it to remove items with [Number Plays] >0
Hmm, I'm not sure what a clear description would be for that.

Something like "Remove items above current file" is more descriptive, but would suggest that it removes all items above whatever file you just right-clicked on, rather than the currently active track.
Actually, I think I would find that more useful.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:14:08 pm »

That is how I asked for it to work.  To clear out all tracks above the current track.   And so far it's working exactly liked I asked.  Thanks.

It would be good if the playlist would move the highlighted track to the currently playing track and put it at the top.

But I like it.  I usually manually clear from the currently playing track to the top a few times a day, now it's easier.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 05:07:00 pm »

That is how I asked for it to work.  To clear out all tracks above the current track.   And so far it's working exactly liked I asked.  Thanks.

It would be good if the playlist would move the highlighted track to the currently playing track and put it at the top.

But I like it.  I usually manually clear from the currently playing track to the top a few times a day, now it's easier.
Is this for any reason other than visual appearance ?

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 06:09:45 pm »

Is this for any reason other than visual appearance ?

Not sure what you are asking.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 07:04:26 pm »

Not sure what you are asking.

The items in "Playing Now" that have already played - - are in the past.  Nothing in Media Center will do anything with them.

Removing them seems to only be for Visual Appearance (Adrian Monk would like that feature).

Am I missing something ?

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 07:07:22 pm »

The items in "Playing Now" that have already played - - are in the past.  Nothing in Media Center will do anything with them.

Removing them seems to only be for Visual Appearance (Adrian Monk would like that feature).

Am I missing something ?

I like tracks I've played to be removed from the PN list, visually and I have other smartlists that check if an item is in PN.  We all have our own method of managing what we play and how we select it, there is no one right way.

I rarely ever replay anything from PN until I choose to play it again, usually months later.

Hilton

Re: Clear Played from Playing Now
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 07:30:34 pm »

Using this search filter in playing now also does what you want and keeps the current playing track at the top of the list.

[Last Played]=>1d [Last skipped]=>1d

Save the filter as Clear Played and when you want to use it click on the search dropdown and load it.

With this filter on, when you use the new "clear played from playing now" it will reset the playlist position (seq) counter so the file at the top is Seq 1 and clear the played files. (Though Im not sure why you would bother)
Pages: [1]   Go Up