INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading to MC20 from Jukebox - How do I keep library metadata?  (Read 1336 times)

WalrusJ

All of my searches for this topic are focusing on upgrades from one version of MC to a newer version. So I am going to ask in a new topic. :)  My apologies if the topic already exists, I can't seem to find it in the wiki or on this forum.

I have been using Media Jukebox 14 for about a year and half or so.  I have spent considerable time listening to my music library and updating the metadata, and most importantly for me, ratings for each song.  I like to build Smartlists that choose genres based on my mood and what type of music I want to listen to, and then randomize the top rated stuff (so nice to have the capability to do this!  Fantastically, every song that plays is a great song! ;D)

With this new deal of a Master License version of MC20, I could resist the temptation no longer and I bit and purchased the MC20 license.

But, I want to keep those ratings from the Jukebox library!  How do I move them between Jukebox to MC?  I have backups of the JB library, but don't know if this can be directly imported into MC without some sort of issue.  Has anyone else done this kind of upgrade between libraries? How is it done?

Thanks for any info...if I am successful at this, I will see if this info can be placed in the wiki for others to find.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrading to MC20 from Jukebox - How do I keep library metadata?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:11:41 am »

Keep jukebox installed, and also install MC 20

Import a few test tracks into 20, and see what happens.  The ratings and other tags should be in the same ID format so there shouldn't be any issue. 

Once you try with a few test tracks, if there are issues I'm sure the forum can help you. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up