INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: considering linux version  (Read 1645 times)

yonu

• Recent member
considering linux version
« on: January 25, 2015, 03:48:27 pm »

ok I am changing over all of my HA system to linux and am considering switching MC.  I do have a couple of concerns does it support multiple zones for audio. and can it properly read playlists that have smb:// in them this is a reason I have never switched to the windows version.  I have more concerns but this is the main ones.

Thanks,
Yonu

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: considering linux version
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:31:56 pm »

ok I am changing over all of my HA system to linux and am considering switching MC.  I do have a couple of concerns does it support multiple zones for audio. and can it properly read playlists that have smb:// in them this is a reason I have never switched to the windows version.  I have more concerns but this is the main ones.

Thanks,
Yonu
Yes on the zones, no on the smb://

yonu

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:44:37 am »

ok thanks guess I am back to square one unless  I can find a work around for the other software

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:48:42 am »

Out of curiosity, why do your playlists have to have smb:// in them?  You can just mount smb/cifs shares in the linux filesystem obviating the need for the direct path.  Is there something about your setup that requires addressing the shares that way?
Pages: [1]   Go Up