INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.62 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 1911 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 20.0.62 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: January 26, 2015, 04:08:05 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200062.dmg

20.0.62 (1/26/2015)

1. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Purchase links were not going to the new page.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. NEW: Selecting audio streams in Video files.
2. NEW: Chapter selection in the OSD and context menus for videos.

20.0.57 (1/16/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio presets could not be saved/loaded/deleted.
2. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached from Media Center and could remain showing over the top of other views.

20.0.54 (1/9/2015)

1. Changes and fixes from the mainstream. Note that if you are using client side volume leveling over DLNA and are using MC on multiple platforms, all builds need to be >=20.0.52 for this to continue to work.

20.0.52 (12/22/2014)

1. Fixed: The main application menu would often not be shown until the mouse was clicked within the app's window.
2. Fixed: If CD audio files were in playing now list and the CD device was removed, Media Center could crash if a DLNA device queried for the tracks.

20.0.51 (12/22/2014)

1. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was specified along with multiple levels, the converted file ended up in a strange land.
2. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was entered that did not exist or was not writable, the conversion would fail without a helpful message.
3. Fixed: DLNA serving of Ogg, MP3, MP4 files with conversion to uncompressed wave would fail on some devices because of an incorrect transcoded length value.
4. Fixed: Dates were not displayed with the locale settings in system preferences.

20.0.46 (12/9/2014)

1. Fixed: Cmd-Q fix didn't make it into previous build.
2. Fixed: File transfers to external devices (Handheld sync) were much slower than doing it via Finder.
3. Fixed: Some web views were not working (displaying blank page), like "connected media".
4. Fixed: Web Gizmo wasn't working.

20.0.45 (12/5/2014)

1. Changed: Cmd-Q now works properly for exiting the application.
2. Changed: Holding the Control key while clicking the left mouse button now works correctly for bringing up the context menu (right-click menu).

20.0.40 (11/21/2014)

1. Fixed: DLNA: MC as renderer, when receiving a SetNextAVtransportURI, MC was allowing the playlist to grow beyond 2 items which is incorrect. This caused playlist sync issues.
2. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller, fix bug in event send when changing playlist position 1.
3. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller timing issue, make sure the first track is playing (for at least 5 seconds) before doing the SetNextAVTransportURI function.
4. Fixed: DLNA: MC as controller, when playlist position current +1 changes send a new SetNextAVTransportURI to devices that support it.
5. Fixed: The change from 20.0.31 (Back out library server hiding when the library is empty introduced in 19.0.71) missed the library server visibility (it was showing the DLNA servers).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jodonoghue

Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.62 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:56:47 am »

Observing generally good performance with video, but some files seem to have problems with image 'tearing'.

If it's helpful (i.e. not a known problem), I can try to obtain more information on the media encoding inside the FLV container, but the basic file info is that video is H.264 and audio is AAC. Files play OK in iTunes and Plex, so I believe they are OK.

So far very impressed with the Mac version, as I know it's very early days with video - impressed enough to upgrade my PC licenses from 18 to 20 and buy a Master License to cover the Mac :)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.62 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 06:06:28 am »

Great news on the Video front. It has been a while since I checked out what was happening with the Mac version. I have tested it a bit using my mac air 13 inch 2011 and setting it up to be a Media server client. The library comes through fine, and tagging changes seem to be syncing back to the server well too. Video playback is a bit of a mixed bag for me though. I have "play original when possible" ticked in options and am trying to play accross my wi-fi network (ac wifi). Oddly the HD mkv blu-ray rips playback fine, but any SD mkv rips (ripped within the same period of time to the same h264 codec and passthru audio settings) plays back really jerkily as if the processor cant keep up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up