INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 Not Reading Music Files from Flash Card in 2014 Mac Mini  (Read 1036 times)

Maxxwire

• Recent member
MC 20 Not Reading Music Files from Flash Card in 2014 Mac Mini
« on: January 26, 2015, 03:27:25 pm »

I’ve been using JRiver MC on my PC laptop and desktop computers since v16. I recently got a new late 2014 Mac Mini and I installed MC 20 on it. The Mini has a built in flash card reader which uses a 2.5 GT bus and I wanted to see what results might be had from playing music stored on it and so I installed a 32 GB San Disk Extreme Pro SDHC flash card which has a 95 MB/s read speed into the Mini’s card reader and then started JRiver MC 20.

The problem that I had in both times I tried this was that MC 20 does not detect any of the music files on the flash card like it does on the other drive which I have my music collection stored on. I am hoping that some of the members who are more experienced with MC 20 for MAC might be able to offer some suggestions as to how I might be able to go about getting MC 20 to read music files from the Mac Mini’s flash card reader.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 20 Not Reading Music Files from Flash Card in 2014 Mac Mini
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 03:59:35 pm »

Try setting the auto import options.  It's under Tools Import.  You can add locations, then edit them.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 10:05:10 am »

Does it show up in Finder?

If so, it *should* show up under "Drives & Devices".  If not, try Tools / Options / Handhelds / Redetect all devices.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Maxxwire

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 01:43:46 pm »

I want to thank you both for helping me to get JRiver for Mac to recognize the flash card that I want to use with it for music storage in my new Mac Mini.
Pages: [1]   Go Up