INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter Menu in Theater View  (Read 878 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Chapter Menu in Theater View
« on: January 28, 2015, 09:16:02 pm »

Not sure if this exists, but is there currently a way to where like in Theater View I can pick a movie to watch and go to a chapter selection screen with thumbnails so that if I want to start a movie from say in the middle I could pick the chapter thumbnail that corresponds to that point, instead of having to skip chapters forward to get to that point. I know MB3 has this in their themes, but wasn't sure if something like this has been implemented in MC.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Chapter Menu in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:19:55 pm »

No.

You can navigate the chapters via the Heads-Up Display in Display View (the textual controller that appears when you do Up/Down/Left/Right or Enter from full-screen playback).  You can also use the Right-Click menu with a mouse and see the whole list of Chapters, but MC does not provide a way to view these as "discreet assets" and does not provide a visual chapter index.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, you can use Particles to chop the source file up into separate "virtual" MC file entries, much like a CUE file divides a monolithic FLAC or whatever audio file.  But, there be dragons.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up