INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to turn off Image and Video support?  (Read 1710 times)

iMilazzo

How to turn off Image and Video support?
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:44:46 am »

Hi, my name is Ivan. Sorry about my bad English.

I have this desktop with JRiver, MediaMonkey, foobar2000, WMP, iTuner. I'm using a very good Wi-Fi network and I use DLNA.
I have in my home theater the following equipments:

• Receiver Onkyo TX-NR5010
  • WD TV Live
  • Panasonic VT60
  • Pioneer BDP-450
  • Apple TV

Everytime I want to hear music I have to configure JRiver because this software wants to share all media in my computer to the receiver and this is wrong, I want to choose what kind of media I will share, my receiver don't play images and videos and because of that I'm unable to enter on the playlist.

Everytime I want to send music to my smartphone (Samsung S4) I have to clear all music on the smartphone card (64Gb) and start it again. Because JRiver wants to control all media, but I dont want. I just want to control music, I dont care about videos and images, but JRiver make anything impossible because for you my images is more important than me, I even get a choice to turn this nuts off. JRiver spend HOURS trying to get information about the images on my smartphone, even when I delete all (64GB) of music it takes hours to able the sync again and I think this is because you want to control images and videos (I don't want this, I don't care about images and videos).

Everytime a download movie or serie from internet JRiver wants to create a xml file to control this video, I DON'T WANT JRiver CONTROL ANYTHING BUT MUSIC.

A lot of files, a lot priorities, I can even make rate my music because when I open with another programs I can't see this ratings.

I want you to put some checkbox (a lot of them) so I can choose what kind of media I want JRiver control on every single equipment.
And I want you to use DATABASES like normal people to make your control about my medias. No more xml on my smartphone (It doesn't work anyway), no more xml in my folders, I just delete them everytime I see one. You can do a lot of cool thing using databases. I am a SAP R/3 programmer, I know this.

Thanks
Ivan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to turn off Image and Video support?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:52:58 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You can set MC to import only audio if that's what you want.  The wiki has a topic on "Import".  You choose Tools > Options > Import where you can configure import.  Add, remove, then edit directories to choose media types you want.

On the wiki, you could read about ZoneSwitch.  It can play certain files to certain devices.

When you sync to a handheld device, you can drag and drop the files you want or you can sync by playlist.  Please explore the options.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to turn off Image and Video support?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 08:26:42 am »

You might find the new audio only mode interesting.  It's in the menu under View > Audio Only Mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up