INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue With JRiver messing up my Youtube, Netflix, and movies  (Read 2341 times)

epicyeager

Issue With JRiver messing up my Youtube, Netflix, and movies
« on: January 30, 2015, 09:34:37 pm »

My wife got me JRiver MC20 for a Christmas gift.  I installed it and have not been able to figure something out.  

When I watch a movie, Youtube, or Netflix, the sound is off really bad.  I turn JRiver off and no sound comes out at all unless I turn it back on.  

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issue With JRiver messing up my Youtube, Netflix, and movies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:46:57 pm »

Not a lot of good pertinent information to allow the level of help this forum can provide. It helps a lot if you explain your setup a bit.. and the way you have your audio setup.

I would try to explain your issue a bit better, which would attract the right people to solve your dilemma...

Just sayin'

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:21:57 am »

If the sound and video aren't in sync, adjust the buffer settings.  See the instructions for WDM in a thread near the top of this board.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 10:28:39 am »

My wife got me JRiver MC20 for a Christmas gift.  I installed it and have not been able to figure something out.  

When I watch a movie, Youtube, or Netflix, the sound is off really bad.  I turn JRiver off and no sound comes out at all unless I turn it back on.  

If I am understanding your problem description, I think what your issue is has to do with the installation of JRiver's new WDM driver.
JRiver's WDM driver installs in Windows Sound properties (see Window's Control Panel>Sound) and reroutes all system sounds through Media Center (MC). Usually this is an improvement, but if you have it setup this way, you can't completely exit MC or you won't get sound from your other programs outside of MC. I assume when you watch Netflix and YouTube your doing it from "outside the MC program" (if not, stop reading now, and disregard my comments).

If the problem is due to the WMD, you can go into the Windows Sound properties and set a different audio device to your "default" sound. Usually this will be the sound card on the motherboard (like "Realtec Digital Output", or whatever your computer uses).

However my thoughts on this would not explain why sounds are bad with Movies (which would be playing through MC). So maybe I'm totally misunderstanding the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up